What is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation is an insurance program established by law that all employers having one or more employees, full or part-time, are required to have for the benefit of their employees. Many of the benefits provided are listed below.
- Lifetime coverage for related medical bills and treatment
- Lost wages while you are recovering. NOTE: Workers’ compensations payments are tax free.
- Coverage for any permanent injuries or disabilities
- Prescriptions and medical supplies
- Home modifications that are medically necessary
- Lifetime cash benefits if your injuries render you totally disabled for life
- Transportation expenses for travel to and from your medical appointments
- Professional assistance in finding new employment if your injuries prevent you from returning to your former employment
Additionally, if you are the spouse or dependent of someone who was killed on the job, you may be eligible for benefits.
Previous Questions and Answer About Workers’ Compensation: